A well-fitting outfit really can make all the difference. International image consultant Chata Romano shares her 4 tips for the right way to dress your shape and size.
- Knee-length skirts and dresses: The most flattering length is from your mid-knee to end-knee, but only if you have good calves and ankles. Avoid clothes that end just on top of your kneecap, even if you have shapely knees (this length applies too much pressure to the rest of your leg).
- Maxi-skirts: Flared and fabulous if you are tall and slim. Opt for a tapered shape if you have a fuller body shape.
- Pants: A straight leg is great if you are tall and slim. A fitted leg, with surface interest, suits all body shapes — but wear them with a longer top if you have a fuller figure. Harem pants should be avoided if you have a full figure — the fullness of the style, especially over the thigh area, will only make your figure look fuller.
- Shorts: Only wear short shorts or long shorts if you have great legs — otherwise, go for shorts that end at the point where your thigh starts going out.
A makeover in 10 minutes!
Transform your look in 10 minutes flat. A quick change of clothing is quite literally all you need. Here, Chata shows us how you can create two different looks with one garment change. Alma (pictured below) is dressed in exactly the same outfit — from head to toe — except for the bottom. Her tight-fitting skirt was swapped for on-trend longer shorts.
Chata’s quick makeover tips:
- Be aware of all the fashion trends for the season — then choose the trends that work for your body shape. This will make sure that you look fashionable and fantastic.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes if you have a round tummy; a good fit is essential — your clothes should not be too loose or too tight.
- If your clothes are too tight, you will actually look one size bigger! If your clothes are a good fit, you should look one size smaller.
For more details on Chata Romano’s corporate workshops, consultations, image solutions, public speaking, training and makeovers, visit www.chataromano.com.