We’re all about encouraging dads to look after their skin and enjoy a little pampering every now and again. We love how radiant and clean our skin feels after an exfoliation session, and we’re not sure why men should be denied that pleasure.
So even if your dad is skeptical about using things like homemade face scrub, tell him you made this green tea face scrub specially for him, so he has to use it at least twice. Once he starts using it, he’ll wonder how he ever got through life not exfoliating a couple of times a week…
And even if Dad refuses to use it, you definitely should. The sugar in this natural face scrub provides gentle exfoliation, the honey is antibacterial and moisturising and the olive oil makes sure skin is hydrated afterwards. The green tea is there because it’s basically a skin superhero — it reduces inflammation, helps calm puffy eyes, fights the signs of ageing and even tightens pores!
What you will need to make homemade face scrub
- 1 tbsp green tea leaves (about 3 tea bags)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 10 drops essentials oil (we used lavender)
- An exfoliator label — click here to download and print a label for your homemade face scrub
How to make your homemade green tea face scrub
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Make sure everything is well combined, then store the homemade face scrub in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
How to use your homemade face scrub
- Place about a tablespoon of the exfoliator in your hands. Gently message the face scrub into your skin for about 30 seconds.
- If you’d really like to reap the benefits of the amazing properties of green tea, leave the scrub on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the scrub with warm water and a face cloth.
For more easy-to-make, natural products to spoil the man in your life with, try making beard oil (it takes 5 minutes and is a must for any grooming facial hair) or this amazing homemade heavy duty hand cleaner.