Our ability to make New Year’s resolutions depletes with every passing year. It’s like a new diet: you’re inspired and ready to go at first, scooping up that broccoli one electric green spoonful at a time, until that evening, where the thought of one more vegetable makes you want to hurl. So what do we do? We give up. And that’s okay, because setting unreasonable goals is sure to end in disappointment.
Read more: 10 beauty resolutions to make in 2017
So this year, instead of striving to be better, thinner, more active, or even more patient, why not throw those New Year’s resolutions out the window, and simply embrace the new year and do whatever you need to do to survive!
Here are some New Year’s resolutions that we’re more than happy to rid ourselves of… we’re calling it the to-don’t list!
- Lose weight: If this is something you’re truly serious about, then the time of year you begin your quest for skinniness won’t matter. And on that note, there’s a big difference between being skinny, and being healthy, we personally suggest the latter, and you don’t need the start of a new year in order to make changes to your diet.
- Stop drinking: We’re certainly not condoning getting off your face drunk at every opportunity, but studies have revealed that a glass of red wine every night can be super beneficial to our health, and frankly, our sanity. Just saying.
- Save more money: As much as we agree with this notion, again, you don’t need a particular time of year to make this happen. Saving money should be something you strive to do as often as possible. Whether it’s once a month, or every second month, setting yourself short-term saving goals will be more realistic and you can cater it to your individual lifestyle. To get you started, we’ve got 30 tips to help you save money — and you can start WHENEVER you like!
- Take up a new hobby: If you have to force yourself to do something, it will never be enjoyable. Making yourself attend that pottery or art class every other week will just stress you out more than anything else. If, however, you’ve discovered your life-long passion, by all means, paint away! But if you’d like to just veg on the couch after a long day at work and cooking supper for your brood, we won’t judge.
- Enjoy life to the fullest: This should be something we all strive for every day, but sometimes it can be so difficult! When the kids move at a snail’s pace in the morning, a traffic jam means you’re late for work and your boss takes her bad day out on you, it’s basically impossible not to eat three packets of biscuits in misery. And we say, go ahead. Have a good moan and then start again tomorrow.