This broccoli soup is an indulgent way to up your superfood intake during winter.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Energy: 1448kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 9g
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 75ml dry white wine
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 1 large head of broccoli, florets and stalk finely chopped
- 125g blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- In a large pan, heat the oil and gently fry the onion and celery over a low-medium heat until softened. Add the white wine and simmer to reduce by half.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes, then add the broccoli for a final 5 minutes until tender.
- Add two-thirds of the Stilton and all of the crème fraîche, then whizz in a blender until smooth. Return to the pan to warm through, then divide between bowls and top each with the remaining crumbled Stilton.
Notes: If you don't like blue cheese, feta is a great substitute.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.