Such a clever cheat – you don’t even have to cook this indulgent masterpiece!
Total cooking time: 45 minutes
Energy: 1790kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 25g
- 700ml very strong black coffee
- 1 tbsp coffee essence
- 500g (about 80) plain, square biscuits
- 125g dark chocolate, grated
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules mixed with 3 tbsp hot water
- 250g mascarpone
- 150ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate curls and icing sugar, to decorate
- For the buttercream, beat the butter in a mixer on slow until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar, then the instant coffee.
- Put the black coffee and coffee essence in a shallow dish. Dip the biscuits into the liquid and lay on a serving dish to make a base of 8 biscuits, 4 long by 2 wide.
- Spread a thin layer of buttercream over the biscuits and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Dip the next 8 biscuits in the coffee and continue until you have 10 layers, ending with soaked biscuits. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Beat the mascarpone until smooth, add the cream and vanilla and whisk to soft peaks. Spread this over the top and sides of your torte and decorate with chocolate curls and icing sugar.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.