This pear puff pastry tart is ridiculously easy to make, but it's so moreish, everyone will think you slaved over it for hours.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Energy: 1180kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- 400g ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 balls stem ginger and 2 tbsp syrup from the jar, plus extra to glaze
- 50g caramel treat
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5–6 ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced (not too thickly)
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Unroll the puff pastry on a sheet of baking paper, roll it out to a thickness of about 2.5mm. Pressing gently, run a knife around the edge of the pastry rectangle to create a 1 ½- cm border. Transfer the baking paper to a baking tray.
- Finely chop the stem ginger and mix with the syrup, caramel treat, cinnamon, cornflour, lemon juice and the pear slices.
- Arrange the pear slices on the pastry, inside the border, and pour over any extra caramel treat. Cook for 25–30 minutes on a baking tray, brushing the pastry with the egg after 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.