An easy fruity loaf that's perfect for teatime - replace the peaches with any in-season fruit (we like mango, raspberries or even figs)
Serves: 8 to 10
Cooking time: 1 hr + cooling time
Energy: 2251 to 2816kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 14 to 18g
- 250g butter
- 250g castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 125g each polenta and gluten-free baking flour
- 100g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 2 oranges, plus the juice of ½ an orange
- 6 tbsp peach compote
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 peach, sliced
- Heat the oven to 150°C. Line a 1kg loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the eggs. Fold in the polenta, flour, almonds, xanthan gum, baking powder and zest. Fold in 4 tbsp compote and pour the mix into the tin. Bake for 50 min to 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Mix the icing sugar with just enough orange juice to make a thick drizzle. Toss the peach with the compote.
- Put the loaf onto a serving plate and decorate with the peach slices. Drizzle over the icing and serve.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.