A deliciously sticky pudding that everyone can enjoy - even if you're avoiding gluten. We've also made this pineapple pud dairy free, but if you would rather use butter and milk, go ahead!
Cooking time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Energy: 2054kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 5g
- 175g dairy-free baking margarine
- 165g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 175g gluten-free self-raising flour
- Zest of 1 lime, juice of half
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp almond or other dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 175g fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 balls stem ginger or ginger preserve, chopped
- Cream the spread and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then fold in flour, lime zest and juice and spices. Stir in the milk (add a drop more if it looks dry) until it makes a thick batter.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the base of a 2-litre, round ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the pineapple and ginger, then pour in the mix and smooth the top. Fold a piece of tin foil, so it has a pleat in the middle, over the dish and tie tightly with string.
- Put the dish on a saucer in a deep saucepan and half fill with boiling water. Cover and steam gently for 2 hours – you may need to top up the water during cooking.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.