This substantial salad is always a winner at a braai.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Energy: 1 494kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- 1.25kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 mealies
- 2 ripe avocados
- Good squeeze lime juice
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Put the sweet potatoes into a roasting tin, add the oil and toss well to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and roast for 35 minutes, or until just tender.
- Stand the mealies upright and, using a sharp knife, strip the corn from the cob vertically. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high and cook the corn for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and cut into wedges. Then toss the avo in the lime juice, and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Notes: You can prepare this salad in advance: just add the dressing and avocado at the last minute
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.