How dainty and gorgeous are these biscuits? Perfect for a high tea, or when you feel like an extra special treat.
Serves: Makes 30
Energy: 519kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- 250g butter, softened
- 150g castor sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 300g flour
- icing sugar, to dust
- 6 tbsp strawberry (or raspberry) jam
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla. Add the flour and mix in well -- using your hands is best. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface, then divide into 2 pieces and form each into a roll. Wrap in cling wrap and chill for 20 to 30 min.
- Heat the oven to 180°C. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out 1 piece of dough to about 5mm thick and cut out 30 circles with a fluted 6-cm cutter, then cut out flower or round shapes from their centres. Gather up all the trimmings and re-roll the dough, along with the second piece of dough, to make 30 more biscuits for the jammy dodger bases.
- Transfer to lined baking trays in batches and bake for 10 to 12 min until pale golden. Remove from the tray and cool on a rack.
- Sift icing sugar liberally over the biscuits with holes. Sandwich the biscuits together with the jam.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.