It's just not summer without ice cream! Katelyn Williams from our favourite food blog, thekatetin.com, has a recipe for a scrummy grown-up version of chocolate-covered ice-cream lollies that will have everyone coming back for more. And if you don't feel like making lollies, there's a cheat's version, too!
Serves: 6 to 8
Ingredients: For the ice cream
- 600ml double cream
- 1 ts p vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Amarula (optional)
- 385g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 200ml cream, whipped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 160g odourless coconut oil (*see note)
- 50g milk chocolate, melted, to decorate
- To make the ice cream, whisk the double cream, vanilla, Amarula and condensed milk together until smooth and thickened slightly
- Fold in the whipped cream, then pour into lolly moulds. Insert wooden popsicle sticks an freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm.
- Make the dip by melting the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Allow it to cool slightly, then pour into a jug or drinking glass (to allow for easy dipping).
- Dip the ice-cream moulds briefly in hot water to remove the lollies, then dip them into the melted chocolate. Place on a pre-chilled tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with the melted milk chocolate, and quickly put them back in the freezer until firm.
Notes: No lolly moulds? No problem! Pour the ice-cream mix into a container and freeze, the serve scoops with the sauce drizzled over. *Don't be tempted to leave out or replace the coconut oil - it's what helps your chocolate coating harden and cover the ice-cream lollies. Make these lollies and you could win! Find out more here.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.