Got a fridge full of leftovers? How satisfying to turn them into this tasty soup...
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Energy: 1130kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 3g
- 2 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g firm vegetables (like carrots, parsnips, celery, butternut), diced
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock pot or stock cube
- 150g mixed pasta shapes
- 80g soft, leafy vegetables (like spinach, cabbage, kale, cauliflower or broccoli), roughly chopped
- 50g Parmesan shavings
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, firm vegetables and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock pot, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Fill the can with water, twice, and add to the soup with the pasta (only add one can of water if you’re using strips of veg instead of pasta). Cook the pasta for 10 minutes, or until cooked, adding the green leafy veggies for the last 5 minutes. Ladle the soup into heated bowls and sprinkle with the Parmesan and parsley.
Notes: Swap the pasta for strips of courgette and carrot to transform this tasty dish into an equally enjoyable low-carb option.