Millionaire's shortbread is a melt-in-the-mouth classic combo that only gets better with the addition of honeycomb and chocolate buttons!
Cooking time: 50 minutes + cooling time
Energy: 2855kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 23g
- 150g unsalted butter
- 250g castor sugar
- 225g flour
- 175g salted butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 385g tin condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- 1 Crunchie bar, chopped, to decorate
- handful of chocolate buttons, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Whizz together the unsalted butter, 75g sugar of the sugar and all of the flour until just combined. Tip the mixture into a 23x33cm baking tin. Press lightly into the tin and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 30-35 minutes until it turns a pale biscuit colour. Cool in the tin.
- Put the salted butter, remaining sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk into a pan, and whisk over a low heat until the sugar has melted. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly, until it turns a caramel colour. Stir in the vanilla and pour over the cooled shortbread. Allow to set in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate in separate bowls, each set over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave. Pour the dark chocolate over the caramel, then the milk chocolate and swirl together with a skewer. Scatter over the chopped Crunchie and buttons and put back in the fridge to set. Cut into squares and keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Notes: Cheat's millionaire's shortbread: Use a can of Nestlé Caramel Treat for the filling to make it quicker!