A thrifty steak supper with a hint of South American flavour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Energy: 2134kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 5g
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus a little extra for the steaks
- 2 minute-steaks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp each chopped parsley and fresh oregano
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Toss the sweet potatoes with the sunflower oil on a baking tray, season well, then roast for 30 min. Rub the steaks with a little oil, paprika and seasoning, then set aside.
- Make the salsa by mixing the herbs, chilli, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and lemon; season.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until very hot and cook the steaks for 1 min on each side. Transfer to a warmed plate to rest for a few minutes. Serve with the salsa, sweet potato chips and salad on the side.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.