Who doesn’t love pancakes? Follow this foolproof pancake recipe and turn out winning pancakes in no time. This recipe can be used for sweet or savoury dishes, so let your imagination run wild with fillings. Spinach and feta, chocolate and marshmallow spread or good old cinnamon and sugar; the options are endless!
Serves: 3 to 4
Cooking time: 10 min
- 100g flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk
- Oil, for frying
- Sugar and lemon, to serve
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and 100ml of the liquid. Stir gently until combined, then beat well.
- Gradually beat in the rest of the milk until the batter is the consistency of pouring cream. If the batter is too thick, add some water until the desired consistency if achieved.
- Place some oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, pour in a little pancake batter to thinly cover the pan. When slightly golden underneath, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve warm with a touch of sugar and lemon, or any toppings you like!
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.