Quick and easy to make and free from refined sugar? Yes please!
- 175g blanched almonds
- 175g cashew nuts
- Juice and grated rind of 1 large lemon
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 125g pitted dates
- 150g raspberries
- Mint leaves, to decorate
- Place the almonds in a bowl and pour over enough water to cover and leave to soak for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Put the cashews, lemon rind and juice, water and 2 teaspoons maple syrup in a food processor or blender and blend together. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and chill.
- Drain the almonds, then put in a clean food processor with the dates and blend to a stiff paste, adding a little water if necessary. Take a generous tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, then push the ball into a mini tart pan, pressing to line the edges. Repeat with the remaining mixture to line 6 mini tart tins. Chill for 20 min.
- Remove the tart cases from the tins by running a knife around the edges. Spoon some of the cashew filling into each tart, then top with the raspberries. Drizzle over the remaining maple syrup and serve decorated with mint leaves.
Notes: Looking for more delicious recipes that don't contain gluten, sugar or dairy? You have to check out our gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free recipe collections.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.