Get your daily dose of heart healthy omega 3 oil with this quick and tasty mid-week meal.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Energy: 2146kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 2g
- 40g dry breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 4 125g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 650g leftover mashed potato or frozen mashed potatoes (we like McCain)
- 75g pesto
- 200g frozen peas
- 240g mixed mange tout and sugar snaps
- Tartar sauce (optional)
- Heat the grill to medium. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan, and season well. Slice the salmon fillets in half and dip into the egg, then roll them in the crumbs to coat. Put on a baking tray and grill them for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the mash. Put the pesto, peas and 1 tbsp water into a saucepan, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then, crush with a potato masher, add the hot mash and stir well to combine.
- Steam the mange tout and sugar snaps for 4-5 minutes until tender and serve alongside the fish, mash and tartar sauce (if you like).
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.