A really homely pie that’s full of veggies (and there's hardly any chopping involved!).
Saturated Fat: 10g
- 250g frozen diced vegetables
- 400g frozen spinach (not creamed spinach)
- ½ x 400g pack frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 25g butter
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- grating of fresh nutmeg
- 400g fresh cheese sauce
- 100g mature cheese, cubed
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Lightly oil a large ovenproof pie dish. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the diced vegetables and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Season well, add the spinach, mustard and nutmeg, to taste, then add the cheese sauce and cubed cheese and heat gently until thickened. Pour into the pie dish.
- Brush the rim of the dish with egg. Unroll the pastry and lay over the pie. Press the pastry around the rim of the dish. Trim off the excess. Brush with more egg, then cut the pastry trimmings into leaves or any other decorations you like, put on top and brush with more egg.
- Cut 2 slits in the top for steam to escape, and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.