A clever low-kilojoule trick for weeknight 'pasta'. For the hungry ones, serve the veg-packed sauce with real spaghetti.
Total cooking time: 40 minutes
Energy: 1364kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 4g
Ingredients: For the veg-packed Bolognese sauce
- splash olive or avocado oil
- 300g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200ml beef stock
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 carrots, cut, spiralised or peeled into thin strands
- 4 courgettes, cut, spiralised or peeled into thin strands
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the mince, season with black pepper, then add the chicken seasoning and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften, then stir in the garlic, celery, red pepper and courgette, and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar and stock. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Put the stock cube into a large pan of boiling water and cook the carrots and courgettes for 2 minutes. Drain and serve with the sauce.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.