This Thai-inspired chicken burger is just what you need to take your usual burger night up a notch or two...
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Energy: 1590kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 1g
Ingredients:For the chicken burgers
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 finely chopped small red onion
- 2 tsp dried and crushed chillies
- 1 deseeded and finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 6 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 finely chopped lemongrass stalk
- 6 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 100g whole-kernel corn
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- zest of 1 lime
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- soy sauce, for drizzling
- 6 small ciabatta rolls
- tomato slices and lettuce leaves, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Put 6 portobello mushrooms onto a baking tray, drizzle with a little soy sauce and cook for 25 minutes.
- Using your hands, mix together the chicken mince, red onion, chillies, roasted red pepper, breadcrumbs, lemongrass, coriander, Thai fish sauce, corn, soy sauce, egg and lime zest. Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into burgers. Griddle the burgers on each side until they are browned, then put them onto an oiled baking tray and place in the oven for the last 15 minutes of the mushrooms’ cooking time.
- Serve each burger with a fresh ciabatta roll, a baked portobello mushroom, a slice of tomato, some lettuce leaves, and a good squeeze of mustard.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.