Use good-quality dark chocolate for an intensely chocolatey hit in these über-rich, gooey brownies.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Energy: 1764kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 13g
- 320g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 180g castor sugar
- 100g flour
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper. Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over barely simmering water and stir until melted, then set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, sift in the flour and fold in gently, then fold in the melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until well set on top with a little wobble. Leave to cool completely in the tin, cut into squares, then dredge in cocoa powder.
We want to know more about you
Welcome to the Essentials online community! Please tell us more about yourself so we can ensure we’re creating content that meets your needs. Click here to take the quick, anonymous Digital Industry Survey.