These genius beauty hacks will save you time and money, plus keep you looking stunning all day — without spending hours in front of the mirror.
1. If you’re in a hurry when putting on foundation, make sure you apply it from the centre of your face and then blend it out. If you apply it to your jawline or hairline it can make you look like you are wearing a mask. Eeek!
2. Don’t have time to apply moisturiser and foundation (don’t worry, we’ve all been there!)? Just mix the two together and apply them at the same time. This easy beauty hack is a lifesaver if you wake up late.
3. Freshly painted nails stopping you from living your life? Get your nails to dry faster by dipping them into ice water for few minutes.
4. Use an old toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. Do it just before you apply lipstick to get rid of dry patches and keep lips soft. It’s one of the oldest beauty hacks around, because it works!
5. Too tired to get up early to wash your hair? Apply a light dusting of baby powder to your roots the night before and get an extra 20 minutes of sleep. The powder will soak up the excess oil that makes hair greasy and leave your hair looking luscious for another day.
6. If you’re going straight from work to a party (or a hot date), upgrade your day time look to a fancier night time one by smudging your eyeliner with an ear bud, giving yourself a sexy, smokey eye.
7. Make your mani last longer with one of our favourite beauty hacks: use glitter polish to hide a manicure that’s growing out. Create a glittery ombre effect by painting glitter polish onto your nail. Make sure there’s more glitter at the base of your nail to ‘nail’ the ombre effect (and cover up the regrowth).
8. This beauty hack isn’t hairdresser approved, but sometimes a girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do! Give yourself a split end trim without getting a haircut. Twist your hair into a ponytail and cut any split ends sticking out using your sharpest pair of scissors. Then make an appointment at the salon ASAP!
9. How many broken lipsticks do you have in your make-up drawer? Fix broken lipstick by using a lighter to melt the bottom of the broken piece, reattach the other piece, then put it in the fridge for an hour. Voila — as good as new!
Read more: Should you throw your make-up away?
10. Want to fake fuller lips? Dab a little bit of highlighter in the centre of your lips to make them look full.
11. Get the most out of your last few drops of perfume by mixing it with unscented lotion. This will create a luxury scented lotion that will keep you smelling great all day long. And it means you won’t have to buy a new fragrance for a few more weeks!
12. Stuck with a lipstick colour you don’t like? Layer it with another lipstick and get a fresh new shade. That way you save money and you have a new colour, winning!
Read more: Make your own skin-saving exfoliating scrub