1. Lengthen legs — If longer legs are on top of your fantasy body wish list, cheat a few extra inches with a pair of metallic or nude heels and stay away from dark shoes.
2. Break away from black! We all know black is slimming, but any dark colour will do. Navy, brown or charcoal are softer and more flattering for summer.
3. Bye-bye bingo wings! We’d love arms like Jennifer Aniston — but without a trainer. Clever dressing, by wearing something to disguise your flabby arms, will do for now.
4. Avoid pockets, pleats and power shoulders! Statement shoulders, oversized side pockets and front-pleated trousers are all big trends, but if you want to look slimmer they’re not your friend!
5. Try clever jeans — Visit a Levi’s store near you and get measured to find the perfect fit for your body shape.
6. Nothing will make you look slimmer faster than a well-fitting bra — Head to a store that measures you and always try before you buy as sizes differ from shop to shop.
7. Choose a busy print — Loud prints are everywhere for summer and perfect for disguising lumps and bumps as they stop the eye from resting in one place.
8. Nip in your waist by adding a belt to a simple top or dress — Try the oldest trick in the book. Women have been knocking off inches with vertical stripes for years — with good reason. They’re a big trend this season too, so snap them up!
9. Ignore the size on the label — Nothing makes you look bigger than squeezing into a size too small. Be realistic about your size and buy clothes that fit — just snip out the tag if it bothers you that much!
10. Invest in magic knickers — Hold-it-all-in suits are every woman’s best friend!
11. Ban the baggies — Either choose a loose-fitting top with skinny pants or wide-leg trousers or full skirt with a fitted top — baggy clothes from head to toe are a sure-fire way to pile on kilos!
12. Get lithe legs with a new pair of shoes — Make larger calves look slimmer with wedges or a chunky block heel — spindly stilettos just make them look bigger.