Nothing makes more of a style impact than wearing matching sets. It’s the fashion trend that we never knew we needed but now we can’t live without. Co-ords (aka matching sets) are the no-thought-required outfit that will have heads turning, with very little effort on your part. And best of all, you truly do get value for money.
Think about it, you basically have three outfits with one purchase. You can wear the two-piece as a set, wear the top with different bottoms, and likewise with the bottoms. Win-win we say! So what are you waiting for? With matching sets that suit different shapes and sizes, budgets as well as styles and occasions, you’re bound to find one that you love.
Cool and casual matching sets
If you want to try the matching sets trend but don’t want to over commit, go for a more casual vibe. Choosing a set that could easily pass as a jumpsuit, or a casual jacket-skirt combo is your best bet. You can always lose the jacket if you start to feel self-conscious, or just pretend that you’re wearing a cute one piece. No one will ever be the wiser.
From left to right:
- Floral top, R579; shorts, R579, Zara
- Snake print pants, R699, tie top, R550, Amber at YDE
- Tan skirt, R179,99, tan jacket, R349,99, MRP
- Knit top, R399, trousers, R459, Zara
Suit up with co-ords
Perfect for the workplace and so easy to wear. A matching suit set will add a little bit of finesse to everyday corporate attire. Swap the heels and crisp white shirt for sneakers and a statement t-shirt for an edgy off-duty look.
Read more: Four items every work wardrobe needs
From left to right:
- Houndstooth blazer, R1 399, cigarette trousers, R699, Mango
- Butter yellow blazer, R1 399, trousers, R949, Mango Online
- Double breasted blazer, R1 199, tweed skirt, R679, Zara
- Orange blazer, R2 299, wide pants, R1 299, Country Road at Woolworths
- Grey blazer, R499, skinny pants, R399, Daily Friday at Superbalist
- Tie front blazer, R799, pants with belt detail, R549, Missguided at Superbalist
Make a statement
If you aren’t afraid of the limelight, then choose a bold colour or print for your matching sets. Stand out from the crowd and show off your personality without even saying a word. To pull off this daring look, make sure you choose the right silhouette for your shape, and go for a colour or print that complements your skin tone.
Read more: Stylish colours for Autumn/Winter 2019
From left top right:
- Crop roll neck, R399, pencil skirt, R499, Sissy Boy
- Floral print trousers, R799, Curve Missguided range at Superbalist
- Asymmetric top, R1 199, trousers, R899, Zara