We believe in making a statement with a fabulous wardrobe! The best way to achieve an ultra-luxe look is to add the perfect accessories. We also share a few tips and tricks on how to get those accessories to compliment every outfit — you’re welcome!
1. Accessories for an ultra-luxe look
Our Fashion Ed Caryn has put together a selection of accessories that not only look good, but also won’t break the bank — you can sparkle whatever your budget. Love that!
- A classic evening-style clutch will never date, easily taking you from season to season, R399,50, Colette Hayman.
- Create an elegant look at the office with an on trend sparkly watch, R450, Woolworths.
- For only R19,99 you too can be oh so fashionable with a pair of fabulous geometric studs, R19,99, Mr Price.
- Stack on these rings for some everyday glam, R99, Foschini.
- Add some va-va voom to a plain tee-shirt and jeans with a WOW necklace — add killer heels and there’ll be no stopping you! R150, Exact.
2. Top tips to accessorise like a pro
Follow these simple rules and make sure your accessories always compliment your outfit.
- Bold pieces of jewellery should stand out, so don’t wear them next to each other. To avoid going OTT opt for a necklace and ring OR earrings and a bracelet.
- Don’t wear bold accessories with clothes that are embellished or feature very busy patterns, wear something simple to really let your statement piece stand out.
- When choosing statement earrings make sure they frame your face and enhance your features. Wearing the wrong ones can be distracting, so take shape, colour, length and comfort into consideration.
- If you’re wearing a statement necklace, it’s important to wear it with the right neckline. Outfits with scooped necklines or v-necks, or tops that are off the shoulder or even strapless will show off a necklace to its full potential.
- Only wear bold statement rings if your hands are perfectly groomed. A large ring will draw attention to your hands so make sure those nails are in order!
- Wearing a cuff bracelet? Bare arms or a top with a slim-fitting sleeve is the best way to nail the look. Although it’s tempting, don’t wear more than one cuff. The same goes for bangles — stick to one arm and the general rule is no more than six in a stack.
Please note that these prices were correct at the time of publishing. Prices and availability of stock are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.