There’s no need to suffer from a bad hair day again. Here’s how to get great hair with zero effort… overnight and while you sleep!
1. Wake up to volume
If the thought of waking up with flat, frizzy hair sends you straight back to bed, then look no further. Here’s how to add texture and volume without all that extra styling…
- For short hair: Before going to sleep, twist a few sections of hair around your finger and secure with a grip. You’ll wake up to soft ripples you can simply shake out.
- For mid-length hair: Wash your hair and, while it’s damp, loosely braid it. Twist into a bun, secure with clips, then remove in the morning for instant texture.
- For long hair: To get crimped waves, part hair in the middle, separate into four sections and plait tightly before tucking in for the night. When you wake, undo and blast with hairspray for a beachy look that will last all day.
2. Boost moisture
A leave-in conditioner is definitely our styling saviour. But if you have thick, coarse or curly hair, try combing a small amount of an oil-based product through damp or pre-washed mid-lengths and ends before going to bed to nourish and strengthen. Doing this will make sure that your tresses look super glossy between washes, and less washing means a longer lie-in!
Read more: Try this glam braided hairstyle — it’s easier than you think
3. Don’t let your hair down
Tossing and turning all night can cause knots and tangles that result in breakage when you brush your hair. So, what to do? Pull your hair into a loose bun on top of your head and tie with a band. Roots that are lifted upwards all night will add volume and need less styling in the morning… hurray!
4. Massage it!
Massaging your scalp with your fingertips before you go to bed will encourage healthy re-growth and disperse natural oils through your hair so it doesn’t look dry, or feel brittle, the next morning.
5. Wash your hair at night
Cut down the number of times you blow-dry your hair by washing it at night a couple of times a week and letting it dry naturally. Spritz in a volumiser at the roots before you go to bed and when you wake up, you’ll find you won’t need to over-style it any more. Remember, less heat means stronger, thicker hair in the long run.
4 More tips to reinvigorate your hair
Your hair goes through temperature extremes during the colder months, which can strip it from its natural moisture. Glampalm shares these easy-to-do tips with us…
- Coconut it: Coconut oil contains vitamin E and essential fatty acids that strengthen and moisturise hair.
- Shock treatment: If your hair is very dry, you may need to bring out the big guns and deep condition. You’ll need to do this a few times before you see the results you want, but deep conditioning moisturises your hair from root to the tip.
- Omega 3: Protecting and strengthening hair from within is as easy as taking a daily dose of omega 3. It also helps with hair loss and a dry scalp. And another benefit of taking omega 3 is a glowing, healthy skin — win-win!
- Cut it: Change is as good as a holiday, and cutting off those split ends does wonders for your hair and self-esteem. Step into spring with a new healthy hairdo.
If you want great hair, you definitely need to try these all natural DIY hair masks