Liquid lipsticks are definitely having a moment, but with so many formulas and shades, finding the right one can be a little daunting!
Whether you like to keep things classic or enjoy experimenting with a bold look, we’ve picked out our favourites for a trendy summer lip. Here are 6 of the best liquid-lipstick colours for summer:
1. Peachy Coral
Coral lips will always be a summer hit! Plus, the bright shade is very flattering on fair skin. So, if red is usually your go-to colour, maybe swap it out for a cooler coral shade during the warmer months.
- Dose of Colours Matte Liquid Lipstick in Coral Crush, Muse Beauty (Biggest sell: Vegan-friendly and gluten-free)
- Jouer Long-Wear Lip Crème Liquid Lipstick in Watermelon, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Smudge-resistant coverage)
- Revlon Ultra HD Velvet Matte Lipcolor in Flirtation, R179, Clicks (Biggest sell: Moisturising matte finish)
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Life’s a Beach, R150, Clicks (Biggest sell: Long-lasting formula)
2. Vibrant Berry
Dark purple hues have come into the spotlight, and are guaranteed to take your look from drab to fab in seconds. This shade is also a lot more versatile than you’d think – blue, green, red, grey, white or gold all pair well with berry colours.
- LA Girl Metal Liquid Lipstick in Flashy, R95, Dischem (Biggest sell: Metallic finish)
- Dose of Colours Liquid Lipstick in Berry Me 2, R490, Muse Beauty (Biggest sell: Applies as creamy liquid but dries matte)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Sugar Plum, R499, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Intense pigment)
3. Dusty Pink
Pink lipstick is no longer an old lady buy. Dusty pink has become the new nude shade you can wear every day. What makes it even more appealing is that the colour works on most skin tones.
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Pretty, R249, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Soft, velvety finish)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick in Blush, R120, Clicks (Biggest sell: High-intensity colour and lightweight texture)
- Essence Liquid Lipstick in Colour Party, R55, Clicks (Biggest sell: Super glossy finish)
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in Cheap Thrills, R160, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Long-lasting formula)
Read more: 10 make-up essentials every beauty bag needs
4. Electric Orange
Vibrant orange is perfect for making a bold statement and pairs well with bright summer hues. This fun colour is better suited for olive, tanned, or dark skin. Be sure to turn on the confidence when wearing this lip though!
- Huda Beauty Liquid Lipstick Matte in Mamacita, R550, Muse Beauty (Biggest sell: Super hydrating and lightweight)
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Orange County, R150, Clicks (Biggest sell: Long-lasting formula)
- Lime Crime Matte Velvetines in Squash, R299, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Touch-proof; even kisses or meals won’t get rid of it)
5. Cherry Red
A striking red is a beauty staple every woman needs, no matter the season, and summer is no exception. If you want a polished look for an event, a classic red lip is always a guaranteed way to turn heads.
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Feels So Grand, R300, M.A.C (Biggest sell: Creamy matte finish)
- Jouer Long-Wear Lip Crème Liquid Lipstick in Fraise Bonbon, R400, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Smudge-resistant coverage)
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Rebel Red, R115, Clicks (Biggest sell: Super pigmented)
Read more: How to wear red lipstick
6. Awesome Aquas
For those daring enough, an aqua lip colour is the way to go. Whether it’s a bright blue or more of a sea green, it’s sure to get you noticed this summer. As matte blue or green is not as forgiving as a glossy nude, exfoliate your lips before applying the liquid lipstick.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in Dr M, R160, Makeup Shack (Biggest sell: Instant drying and long-lasting formula)
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Little Denim Dress, R150, Clicks (Biggest sell: Affordable and long-lasting)
- LA Splash Studioshine Waterproof Lip Lustre in Sangre Azul, R290, Muse Beauty (Biggest sell: Waterproof and metallic finish)