That dream body can be yours but, in the meantime, there ARE some quick ways to look slimmer.
1. Choose a swimsuit to flatter your shape: Got a mommy tummy? Hide yours with a swimsuit that has ruched detail around the tum area — conceals a multitude of sins! If your boobs and waist meet somewhere round the middle of your body, choose an underwired top — it’ll keep your boobs up and define your waist. If your legs are short and …erm, a tad on the stocky side, give the illusion of longer pins by choosing a style with high-cut legs.
2. Lose half a kilo a week by watching what you drink: A smoothie, latte and can of fizz can total around 2 000kJ. Stick to water and cut 14 500kJ in seven days — almost half a kilo of body fat!
3. Start your dinner with a big salad and fat-free dressing: Researchers found that eating a low-kilojoule salad before a pasta course reduces your overall kilojoule intake for the meal by 12%.
4. Stop the bloat: Add parsley to soups, sandwiches and salads — it helps beat fluid retention. To reduce water retention cut down on salt and increase your protein intake. Drink peppermint tea and eat a probiotic yoghurt every day: both help beat wind and bloat. Eat a high-protein, low-carb diet for 3 to 5 days as carbs encourage your body to hold on to water. Avoid fizzy drinks and caffeine: fizzy drinks give you a gassy gut, while caffeine encourages your body to hang on to excess water.
5. For an instant boob job, pull your shoulders back and imagine someone pulling on a string attached to the crown of your head. This opens up your chest, giving your boobs instant lift.
6. Swap meat for mushrooms in stir-fries and pastas. Adults consumed 420 fewer kilojoules and 30g less fat on days when they did this.
7. Think happy, summery thoughts: Research shows that negative thoughts make us want to buy and eat more food.
8. Buy flip-flops with a bit of a wedge — they’re instantly slimming, plus heels make your legs look longer and more shapely.
9. Chuck that baggy cover-all T-shirt you usually wear on the beach and invest in a summer maxi dress — much more elegant and still looks good if it gets drenched.