Wondering how to apply false eyelashes and get the best result? Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying your own just like a pro.
- Step 1: Check that the lashes fit your eye shape. If necessary, snip off the outer edge with small, sharp scissors.
- Step 2: Hold the lashes on both edges and bend to make a ‘C’ shape, hold for a few seconds to make the lashes shape with the eye, preventing the corners from lifting.
- Step 3: If you want to reuse your lashes, then you need to apply mascara to your own eyelashes now. Wait for it to dry before continuing.
- Step 4: Now’s the time to apply the glue. Squeeze a thin line onto the lashes and a little extra at each corner to prevent them from lifting when you blink. Blow on the glue to make it stickier before sticking in place.
- Step 5: Stick the lashes to the base of your eyelashes rather than to your lid.
- Step 6: If you’re not reusing them, apply mascara to your natural and false lashes.
- Step 7: If you can see a gap between the false eyelashes and your own, you can fill in the gap with black eye shadow and a very thin make-up brush.