Winter is coming, and that means it’s time to go shopping for boots! And no, this doesn’t mean you have to spend your entire salary on two pairs of designer leather booties. You can easily find stunning boots at a fraction of the price; you just have to know where to look.
At Essentials, looking great and getting a bargain go hand in hand, so we went scouting for all the best places to shop for chic winter boots that just happen to be cheap boots, too. We really think we found something for everyone and for every occasion – whether it’s for a night out on the town, or a day at the mall.
Some of our favourite places to find cheap boots
- Of course, we all know that Mr Price is great for budget buys. But the reason we love it so much is that the clothes and shoes are so fashion forward – if you want to try out a trend on the cheap, Mr Price is definitely the place to do it!
- Looking for more timeless pieces that are also affordable? We rate Ackermans has the best classic look.
- If you, like most of us, like to do your shopping from the comfort of your couch, then Zando is perfect for you. Don’t worry about not being able to try anything on, you can return clothes and shoes if you don’t like them.
- The Fix has fast become an easy one-stop shop when looking for budget buys and funky fashion. You won’t regret taking a peek at their website.
- A bit under the radar, Rage is a pocket-friendly store that has a fab range of wardrobe staples. We think more people should check them out!
Read more: How to shop online sales like a millennial
Some of our favourite cheap, comfy and casual boots
Whether you’re on your feet all day at work or you’ve got a big weekend outing planned, sometimes comfortable shoes are a necessity. Plus, flat boots can go with almost everything in your wardrobe.
- Western-style boots, R299.99, The Fix
- Black Chelsea boots, R199.99, MRP
- Khaki boot, R339, Rage
- Lace-up boot, R360, Exact
- Brown worker boot, R219,95, Ackermans
- Stone ankle boot, R349, Zando
Our pick of the best block heeled boots
With all those winter layers, adding some height to your outfit is always flattering. After all, there’s nothing quite like a pair of heels to make you feel like a million bucks. But don’t worry, all of these winter boots are cheap, cheap, cheap — and they’re block heels which means you can wear them all day long!
- Bow-detailed boot, R299.95, Ackermans
- Yellow boot, R360, Exact
- Snake print boot, R359.99, The Fix
- Burgundy block heel, R359.99, The Fix
- Black block heel, R249.99, MRP
- Tan boot, R249, Zando
For a night out, get one of these stunners
The best part about boots are that they can easily double up as chic winter heels. That means no change of outfit (or shoes) on a Friday night. Just amp up your accessories and you’re good to go. These six cheap boots are perfect for painting the town red! Fun patterns and colours, trendy silhouettes, and affordable price tags – what more could we ask for?
- High leg boot, R349.99, MRP
- Maroon stretch boot, R349, Utopia at Zando
- Camel patent boot, R299, Superbalist
- Blue sock boot, R349, Superbalist
- Razor cut boot, R359, Rage
- Black kitten heel, R249.95, Ackermans
Please note that these prices were correct at the time of publishing. Prices and availability of stock are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.
Disclaimer: Our team does take care to research brands mentioned in round-ups; however, readers are still responsible to check the credentials of e-commerce websites before purchasing products. Caxton only offers suggestions and we cannot be held responsible for any damages, losses or misleading claims.