Dark circles under eyes are a real problem for many women. Whether we like it or not, there’s no miracle product (yet) that will completely cure dark circles. But fear not, a combination of the right products used correctly can help prevent dark rings and they can cover dark circles under eyes so you don’t look like you haven’t slept for a year.
Here’s how to cover dark circles under eyes:
- Start by applying a hydrating eye cream underneath your eyes. Why is eye cream so important? Eye cream acts as a primer, moisturising skin and creating a perfect canvas for your next steps. Remember to use your ring finger when applying eye cream, using gentle tapping movements to protect the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Follow up with a thin layer of a corrector under your eye, especially near the darkest parts such as the inner corner of your eye. Don’t apply too much though as corrector is quite pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The corrector’s role is to neutralise any unwanted discolouration, evening out your skin tone.
- Finally, it’s time to apply your concealer, which is what will actually cover dark circles under eyes. Use a concealer that’s a shade or two lighter than your foundation to help lighten the dark area. Apply the concealer with a brush and then tap it with your finger to blend it in.
- Rather than applying a layer of concealer that’s too thick, apply a thin layer of concealer, leave it for a few minutes to set. If you can still see your dark circles, apply another thin layer of concealer, repeating until those circles are covered.
- Finish off by dabbing some loose powder over the eye area to avoid creasing and to set your concealer. This will make sure your coverage lasts. Winning!
Read more: Now learn how to apply foundation like a pro
Here’s a really useful video from Bobbi Brown that shows you how to cover dark circles:
Some of the hero products we use to cover dark circles:
1. Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream. This brightening eye cream helps fade dark circles, and the hydrating botanical extracts protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals. But wait, there’s more! There’s also a mini version available that’s perfect for travelling.
2. Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Dark Circle Corrector. This dual-ended eye tool covers dark circles to perfection. Use the yellow side to correct dark circles while the stainless steel ball stimulates circulation to soothe puffiness. Once you’ve corrected your dark circles, use the light side to cover up.
3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit. The rich formula of this concealer means it blends super well, giving you just the right amount of buildable coverage. Plus it comes with powder, so you don’t have to buy two products!
4. Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder. Not only is it hypoallergenic, but it’s also full of antioxidants which are excellent for preventing premature ageing. We‘re all for multitasking make-up products!