Forget costly salon treatments — get smoother, glowing skin without leaving home with this easy 6-step age-defying facial.
1. Remove your make-up — use a milky cleanser for dry or sensitive skin and a foaming product for combination and oily skin. Remove the cleanser with tepid, not hot, water and blot dry.
2. Using an exfoliating facial brush or facial exfoliator, massage your face in small circular movements to smooth out the complexion and boost circulation — your features will look much more defined.
3. Apply a face mask that is suited to your complexion. Try painting the mask on with a flat make-up brush — it’s the professional way to do it and it gets in all the nooks and crannies.
4. Rinse the mask off with tepid water. To get rid of every last trace of the mask, soak a cotton wool pad in an alcohol-free toner — anything with alcohol will strip away the skin’s moisture.
5. Using your ring finger, pat a small amount of eye cream on the lower and upper areas around the eye. Avoid rubbing the cream too close to the actual eye as it could irritate it.
6. Finally, apply a thin layer of moisturiser to your face and neck, and massage into the skin until it’s completely absorbed — try to avoid wearing make-up for at least six hours.