You don’t have to leave the house to have a pampering facial. Try out these steps to give your skin a natural glow, leaving you feeling refreshed and renewed thanks to a mini at-home DIY facial.
Read more: Skincare solutions for every skin type
1. Cleanse — The most important step of the DIY facial. Choose a cleanser that works for your skin — a good cleanser shouldn’t leave your skin feeling dry.
2. Exfoliate — When dead skin cells accumulate, the pores close, causing problems like blackheads — that’s why you need to exfoliate. So make sure you use a scrub as the second step of your DIY facial.
3. Steam — Steaming is good for your skin, especially before putting on a face mask. You can buy facial steamers or, if you don’t have one, just use a bowl of hot water and a towel to cover. Lean your face over the steam for about 5 minutes, then remove the towel.
4. Mask — If you have oily skin, try a clay mask. If you have dry skin, go for something that’s hydrating. The mask does all the work for you while you relax for 15 to 20 minutes — cucumber slices over the eyes are optional.
5. Hydrate — The last step of your facial is to nourish your skin with a good moisturiser. If you have sensitive skin. avoid a scented moisturiser.