Love a little DIY beauty? If puffy eyes and the texture of your skin are constant worries, we know you’ll find these tips useful. Here’s how to get healthy skin and hair — using food from your kitchen!
Goodbye puffy eyes
- Green tea
- 2 make-up sponges
- Soak the two makeup sponges in cool green tea.
- Squeeze out the liquid and place the sponges on each eye, leave them for 15 to 20 minutes, then remove.
- This can be done two or three times a week. Just remember to do it on cleansed skin. It helps to relieve puffy eyes and dark circles.
Read more: Try this homemade green tea face scrub for even more green tea goodness
Hello smooth skin
- One cup of brown sugar
- Half a cup of olive oil
- Two spoons of honey
- Mix all the ingredients and store in a jar.
- Once or twice a week, use it as an all-natural body scrub in the bath or shower.
- Brown sugar is a natural exfoliant and smells delicious; olive oil is a gentle moisturiser that’s packed with antioxidants, which are anti-ageing superstars. This homemade scrub should be a staple in your household; it’ll take you one step closer to glowing skin.
Super-moisturising hair mask
- Half a cup of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon honey
- A few drops of essential oil (optional)
- Gently heat the ingredients in a small pan and allow to cool slightly (don’t leave it for too long though, as it may harden — if it does harden, just heat a little).
- Apply to damp hair (focusing on particularly dry areas) and comb through. If your hair is naturally oily, avoid your scalp area. Cover your shoulders with a towel to prevent any of the mix from getting on your clothes.
- Put your feet up and relax for 30 minutes while you let the coconut oil work its magic. Shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
- If your hair is really dry and damaged, consider covering your hair with a towel and sleeping with the mask in your hair. Coconut oil contains proteins to strengthen hair and vitamins to decrease breakage, so apply this miracle mask once a week and get ready for the compliments to roll in!
For an additional indulgence, try one of these 5 easy skin care scrubs and masks.