Whether your hair is medium length or long, this easy braided hairstyle is perfect for a wedding, or if you’re looking for something a little more special for a night out on the town or a date night.
In fact, this easy braided hairstyle is so quick to do that once you get the hang of it, you could even do it before work. Just loop, braid and twist — but it does require a hairstyle hero: an invisibobble. What is an invisbobble you ask? These awesome hair accessories look like a curly phone cord and are the secret to many easy hairstyles because they keep things in place without being too tight.
We show you how to put your invisibobble to good use with this easy braided hairstyle.
1. Separate your hair into three roughly evenly sized sections. Clip the two front sections and tie the back section of hair into a ponytail with your invisibobble.
2. Divide the ponytail above the invisibobble
3. Slip the ponytail through the opening and pull the hair tightly in opposite directions.
4. Hold the tied section tight and draw strands of hair up to add volume.
5. Starting with one of your front sections, unclip your hair and twist it.
6. Hold the twisted piece in place near the invisibobble.
7. Fix the twisted piece in place by pulling it through a loop of the invisibobble.
8. Release the second side section.
9. Braid the side section.
10.Arrange the braid wherever you want it to be near the ponytail.
11. Secure the braid in place by puling it through a loop of the invisibobble.
Get a pack of three invisibobbles for R80 from everythinghair.co.za.
Hair tutorial supplied by Jenny Strebe.