A gorgeous pair of heels can make an outfit come together. But when you’re stuck in sky-high heels all day, your feet can suffer. Try these tips and you’ll look and feel fabulous in comfortable heels. Your feet can thank us later.
1. A kitten heel is a lot easier to walk in and also a lot more comfortable than a high heel. These comfortable heels are a great option for work — fancier than a flat, but comfy enough to wear all day.
2. If you can’t part with your sky-high heels, go for a chunky heel. It will be more stable than a stiletto, and a lot more comfortable.
3. Even better than heels is a pair of wedges, as you don’t put pressure on the soles of your feet. In fact, wedges are so comfy, you could probably run in them if you needed to! They’re also a great choice for outdoor events because you won’t end up with heels embedded in the grass.
4. Opt for rounded or square toes rather than pointed because your toes will lie flat instead of being scrunched together. You’ll be able to wear them for much longer.
5. When you buy heels, look for shoes with padding in the soles. or you can always buy party feet gel slip in soles to make any of your heels comfortable. (We like these best).
6. Choose heels with an ankle strap or something similar so it’s more secure on your foot.
7. Also keep in mind that real leather stretches, so if they are a little big when you buy the shoes, remember they will only get bigger!
Read more: How to stop buying clothes you never wear
8. To make sure you end up with comfortable heels, shop for shoes at the end of the day when your feet are at their biggest.
9. If your shoes are too tight, try use a hair-dryer to stretch the leather. And to wear in a pair of new heels, put them on with a pair of damp socks, then wear them around the house for at least a week before you need to show them off.