Finding your ideal little black dress doesn’t have to be a military-style planned operation, just decide which aspect you want to show off – your back, cleavage or legs – and work your way from there. Here’s our guide to choosing an LBD that will flatter your favourite bits.
- Make sure you select a comfortable style of dress.Consider whether you’ll be walking, sitting or dancing – or all three.
- Go for a dress with a lining.
- Buy a dress made from good quality fabric, such as silk – it’ll last much longer.
- Accessorize your LBD. Choose a floaty scarf or accent jewellery. You can wear your LBD at virtually any occasion – add or remove accessories for different looks
- An unusual feature will set your LBD apart from the crowd: a slashed neckline, plunging back or criss-cross straps.
- Dress your LBD up or down by adding a jacket or a chunky sweater.
- An A-line LBD looks great on any shape, both small or not so small.
- Don’t ruin the elegant effect of your LBD by wearing it too short. Just above the knee is short enough.
- If your LBD is strapless, ensure your skintone looks good and that your upper arms are firm.
Extracted from 10 000 Tips: How to Do Almost Everything – Katherine Sorrell (R27 for the ebook available on kalahari.com, Quercus)