We show you how to do a fishtail braid — it’s a gorgeous look that’s easy if you follow these steps
- Part your hair as desired. Apply two pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment and a pump of styling cream to your hair — this will create the perfect foundation for styling, nourishing your hair to make it manageable and soft.
- Take a small amount of hair from the temples on each side of your head and tie them together loosely with a small elastic.
- Flip the ends up and through the opening between the elastic and the head, and tighten by pulling the ends outward to slide the elastic up.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to create the fishtail braid as you work down your head, adding small elastics and flipping the ends up and through until you reach your neck.
- When you reach your neck, transition into a traditional fishtail braid. Split your hair into two sections. Take a small piece from the outside of the left section and cross it over to join the right section. Then take a small piece from the right section and cross it over to join the left.
- Continue the fishtail braid until you reach the ends and secure with an elastic. Use your fingers to gently loosen the braid as desired. Set the look with hairspray for lasting hold and beautiful luminous shine.
How to do a fishtail braid: a few fab products to use
Moroccanoil Treatment, R470; Moroccanoil luminous hair spray, R340; both available from everythinghair.co.za.
Steps on how to do a fishtail braid provided by Moroccanoil South Africa.