Tired of the same old hairstyles? Get some inspiration from our step-by-step hairstyle guide — with pictures!
In our first hair tutorial, we learned how to do waterfall twist braids. In the second of our hair tutorials, we show you how to do a pretzel knot. The pretzel knot hair style is really elegant and perfect if you want your hair loose, but away from your face. Another nice thing about this hairstyle is that you don’t really need anything to secure it.
You will need
A bobby pin or nothing!
Step-by-step pretzel knot
1. Start by taking two sections of hair from the head right above each ear. It is important that the sections are long and not too thick. Ask your model to hold the right section while you work with the left one. If you want to, you can put the remaining hair in a ponytail so that it doesn’t interfere.
2. Make a loop with the left section. It is important that you make the loop exactly as we did in the picture.
3. Now take the right section and place it between two fingers while still holding the loop and laying it over the hand.
4. Stick two fingers under the section from the left side.
5. Grab the section that lies on the hand and pull it up.
6. Lay the section over the loop as shown in the picture.
7. Stick the section through the loop.
8. Take it under the beginning of the right section.
9. Pull it up through the loop again and tighten the knot a little if it is too loose.
TIP: Use a bobby pin if you want to ensure that your knot stays in place all day. Just make sure that it isn’t visible.
Extract taken from Braids — Step by step guide by Laura & Marie (Tafelberg, R150)