Packed with plant stem cells, the newest generation of natural products has been proven to rival synthetic ingredients when it comes to fighting ageing and skin upsets. ‘Natural’ used to mean products that weren’t as effective and went off quickly — not any more! Here are some hero ingredients for your skin.
‘The days when a natural product meant having to compromise on your skincare results are long gone. You can protect your skin from the elements, minimise and prevent the signs of ageing, and enjoy sophisticated textures and aromas — all from natural beauty products,’ says aromatherapy expert Sian Jones.
Hero ingredients to look out for:
- Avocado oil — Rich in vitamins and fatty acids, extracts of avocado and avocado oil will help to soften dry, rough skin and reduce scars and pigmentation.
- Rosehip oil — Contains a naturally high concentration of vitamin E and omega-6 and 3. Ideal for mature skin — it’s been shown to treat and heal cuts and scars, and is also great for fading stretch marks.
- Pomegranate oil — With over 80% unsaturated fats, this is a potent anti-oxidant, which helps to protect your skin from environmental damage, like pollution. It will balance and soothe, too, so it’s ideal for anyone with eczema or adult acne.
- Chia seed oil — Native to Mexico and the southwestern United States, this is an ancient superfood packed with minerals, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. It will hydrate dry skin and help it to retain moisture for longer.
- Shea butter — One of the most widely used moisturising ingredients in beauty products. Loaded with fatty acids and vitamins, it’s perfect for nourishing really dry, flaky skin on your face and body.
- Frankincense — Tones and rejuvenates, making it the perfect ingredient for improving your skin texture and smoothing wrinkles.