Genuine leather is quite pricey, so caring for your leather correctly is of utmost importance. And, because you’ve probably spent a lot of money on it, you’ll want to keep it looking good. Follow these five easy tips on how to care for your leather.
- If leather gets wet, dry it slowly. Speed drying (for example, with your hair dryer) can change the shape of leather.
- If leather gets too dry, rub treatment into it. Get a good dressing or cream recommended by the maker, and your leather will look as good as new. Use a heavier cleaner for heavy pieces like furniture, and a lighter cream for bags or wallets.
- If leather gets dirty, use a damp cloth to clean it. Using soap or foreign substances will scratch or stain your leather.
- If leather stretches out, it won’t stretch back again. Take extra care of your leather pieces making sure they can withstand their load.
- Don’t ever wrap your leather in plastic. Leather needs to breathe.
Taking good care of your leather pieces will mean that you get the best out of them for the longest amount of time, so follow our tips for the best leather care.