Ladies it’s time to get inventive with your hair! This is the perfect boho chic hairstyle for summer! Here’s how to do waterfall twist braids.
Waterfall twist braids are super cute and simple once you get the hang of them. Several things separate this braid from the ordinary waterfall braid, for example, you use only two strands of hair instead of three, which makes waterfall twist braids much easier.
Even though twist braids are easier than the normal waterfall braid, it still gives the waterfall effect, which is very beautiful.
You will need
A small elastic or some bobby pins.
Step-by-step waterfall twist braids
1. Pick up a big section of hair on one side of the head near the face.
2. Divide the section into two equal strands and hold them horizontally, as you do in the normal waterfall braid.
3. Cross the bottom strand over the top one so that they switch places.
4. Now take a little strand of hair from the head near the parting line and let it fall through the other two. Ask your model to hold the strand.
5. Cross the bottom section over the top again so that the strand of hair you just let fall through is “locked” between the two sections.
6. Repeat steps 4 to 5 until you’ve braided all the way around the head.
7. Secure the braid to the head by crossing two bobby pins over each other.
1. Because you’re using the same two sections all the time, you need to pick up a long and thick section of hair when you start your waterfall twist braids to make sure you don’t run out of hair.
2. You can also just do the braid on the side of the head for a cute side braid.
Extract taken from Braids — Step by step guide by Laura & Marie (Tafelberg, R150)