Thembisa Mdoda has won over South African hearts with her great smile, incredible presenting skills — and her fabulous dress sense. This actress and TV presenter is known for embracing her curvy figure, and dressing perfectly for her body.
Women of all shapes and sizes want to steal her style, and for good reason. So we show you how to dress like Thembisa Mdoda, for less!
Read more: How to stop buying clothes you never wear
Lunch with the girls
Take your fashion cues from Thembisa and get a little more dressed up when you’re going out with the girls. Take a simple skirt and top to the next level with flowy ruffles and flattering one shoulder details.
- Skirt, R329, H&M
- One shoulder top, R199, New Look at Zando
- Clutch, R199, DailyFriday at Superbalist
- Choker, R39,99, Mr Price
- Block heels, R219, Rage
- Earrings, R19,99, Mr Price
Read more: 20 cute summer dresses, all under R250
On the job
Nothing says “I’m stylish, but I mean business” like a fitted pencil skirt and a floral shirt. Dress like Thembisa Mdoda by pairing a tailored skirt to balance the looser shape of the blouse.
Top Tip: if you are hip conscious, then go for an A-line skirt to skim over any lumps or bumps.
- Pencil skirt, R249, Zando
- Floral blouse, R179, H&M
- Bangles, R99,95, Woolworths
- Earrings, R15,99, Mr Price
- Court heels, R349, Zando
- Shopper bag, R299, Zando
Who said you can’t wear shorts? Just pick a length that you are comfortable with. Or change up the look and wear it with capri pants or skinny jeans instead..
- Denim shorts, R179, both H&M
- Gilet, R179,99, Mr Price
- Strappy top, R129, H&M
- Bag, R299, DailyFriday at Superbalist
- Sunglasses, R129 Miss Maxi, Zando
- Embroidered mules, R299 Dolce Vita, Zando
Read more: How to steal Bonang Matheba’s glam style
You don’t have to show a lot of skin to be sexy. A pretty off-the-shoulder top is your best friend for a romantic night out, or even a wedding. Dress like Thembisa Mdoda (on a budget) by shopping for clothes at unexpected places (like Rage). There are hidden gems to be found everywhere!
- Midi skirt, R204,99, Rage
- Off the shoulder bodysuit, R279, Quiz at Bay One
- Shoulder bag, R229, H&M
- Strappy sandals, R149,99, Mr Price
- Hoop earrings, R49, Choker, R69, both Superbalist
Night on the town
Rock out with Thembisa’a cool rocker-inspired style. Whether you go all out and wear leather pants or black skinny jeans, you will turns heads at every lounge and bar!
- High waist jeans, R159,99, Mr Price
- Off-the-shoulder top, R349, Quiz at Bay One
- Lipstick, R49,95, Essence at Clicks
- Strappy heels, R299, Utopia at Zando
- Statement clutch, R399,50, Earrings, R199,50, both Colette Hayman