8 Reasons why we love this homemade, exfoliating brown sugar scrub:
- It’s made from ingredients you have in your pantry.
- You can make it in 10 minutes (seriously)
- Your skin will super soft afterwards.
- It will help you get rid of cellulite — yes, you read that right. Regularly using an exfoliating body scrub on dry skin helps improve the texture of your skin.
- There are 100 ways to customise it. You can add whatever you like to your exfoliating brown sugar scrub. We’ve got a list of suggestions at the end of this article to get you started.
- It makes a wonderful handmade gift that costs next to nothing, but is so special to receive.
- Using it only adds 5 minutes to your shower or bath, but it’s such a pampering treat that you’ll feel as though you just stepped out of the spa.
- Not only does it slough away dead skin, but the oil also makes the DIY body scrub fabulously moisturising — it’s a real two-in-one miracle worker.
Hopefully we’ve convinced you to take 10 minutes and whip up some of this amazing exfoliating brown sugar scrub! We’ve put together a step-by-step to show you just how easy it is.
What you’ll need to make this exfoliating brown sugar scrub
- 1 cup coarse salt, ground in a mortar and pestle if the pieces of salt are too large
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- A jar
- A few drops of essential oils, if you like
How to make your own exfoliating brown sugar scrub
Steps 1: Combine the salt and sugar in a bowl. Add enough oil to coat the salt and sugar.
Steps 2&3: Mix until well combined and moist.
Step 4: Store in an airtight container
Change it up by adding one of these to your body scrub
- Ground coffee
- Vanilla extract
- Your favourite essential oil (we like rose geranium)
- Lemon zest
- Lavender flowers
Top tip: For best results, use your brown sugar exfoliating scrub on dry skin and exfoliate in circular motions.