For gorgeous make-up, try one of these amazing tips. You’ll become your own make-up artist in no time.
- Make white eyeliner your secret weapon. Try running it along the inside rim of your eyes to brighten tired-looking eyes and disguise redness.
- I put clear mascara on my lashes before I apply black. It helps keep my lashes separated and stops the mascara from smudging. — Lucy Smith, Sandton
Read more: How to apply flawless foundation, just like a pro
- Colour on your face and around your eyes will brighten the whites of your eyes, but don’t go overboard with the colour or you risk looking like a clown.
- Hide dark circles with a peach or yellow-toned concealer. These colours neutralise purple smudges.
- Do the lines round your eyes look worse after you’ve applied your make-up? Finish off by dabbing a tiny amount of eye cream to your eye area to keep it looking dewy and fresh.
- I hate using eyelash curlers, so instead I apply my mascara, heat a small teaspoon in hot water, dry it and then use the back of the spoon to gently push my lashes up. Hold for a few seconds for the best curl. — Sheila Miller, Westgate
- Grooming your eyebrows? The narrower your face, the slimmer the outer ends of your brows should be. If you have a wider face, don’t make your brows too thin or it will emphasise the width even more.
- Make your lips look bigger by using lighter colours of gloss. They reflect the light, making your lips appear fuller and sexier!
- When I’m making up my lips, I apply lipliner and, instead of adding a lipgloss, I use Blistex. It keeps my lips super-moisturised, stays on for ages and looks gorgeous and glossy. It saves me money too! — Julia Jukes, Roodepoort
- When I’ve run out of make-up remover, a cotton wool pad dipped in cold milk does the job perfectly and it’s gentle on my skin, too. — Lesley Urwin, Meredale
- Keep unruly eyebrows in place by spraying hairspray onto an old, clean, dry toothbrush, then brush gently through your brows — they’ll stay put all day. Or you could try applying the tiniest slick of Vaseline for a gleamy finish.
- Prep your lips for lipstick by applying an under eye concealer first. It evens out the colour of your lips and stops the lipstick from bleeding too.