Ok ladies, there is nothing worse than chipped and uneven nails! Take some time out and give yourself the perfect manicure. It’s not that hard and will leave you feeling pretty and put together.
We show you how to nail the perfect every time. Welcome to our Manicure Masterclass.
Get back to basics…
- Use a non-acetone remover to take off polish, and file nails with a soft, natural nail file. File from the outer edge to the centre.
- Naturally shaped nails are hot. This shape is easily achieved – it’s a mirror image of your cuticle.
- Buff nails once a week to achieve a smooth base for varnish to grip on. Never buff more than once a week.
- Apply a cuticle cream, massage in and wait a few minutes, then use an orange stick to gently push back your cuticles in tiny circular movements all around the nailplate.
- Put a little nail polish remover on a piece of tissue and wipe excess cuticle cream from the nail plate and across the tip. Any leftover oil will stop varnish from adhering.
- A base coat will protect your nails if you’re using a dark nail polish.
- Apply two coats of nail polish, then a topcoat for staying power.