- Skin: Red lips can drain the complexion, so create flawless skin with tinted moisturiser or light-reflective foundation on the nose, chin, forehead and cheeks, then use concealer under your eyes, around your nose and on blemishes.
- Eyes: Smoky eyes would be too much for spring, so keep the look fresh by using ivory eyeshadow on your lids and up to your brow bone to brighten and refresh the eyes. Then slick your lashes with black mascara for definition.
- Hair: Whatever length your hair is, give it a modern edge; use straightening creams on damp hair, then blow-dry. Run over the top layer with straighteners for polish and shine.
Tip: Draw red lipstick onto a sheet of white paper to see the true colour, then hold it against your skin to see if it works.
Step-by-step guide to getting wow lips:
- Buff your lips with a damp toothbrush and moisturise them with lip balm. Next, outline your lips lightly with a pencil to stop colour bleed.
- Apply colour with a lip brush, tracing the line you have already made with your pencil for precise perfection.
- Finally, blot your lips with a tissue to absorb any excess and, if you feel you need another coat to build up the colour, just re-apply!