The chillier months are upon us, but that doesn’t mean you can’t wear cheap winter dresses! We know you probably default to jeans and leggings when the temperatures drop, but our fashion editor has been searching for the best (and most affordable) winter dresses just for you.
From sexy bodycon dresses to flattering fit and flares, we have you covered.
Read more: Stylish colours for autumn and winter
Our best tip for choosing cute and cheap winter dresses is to go for something that accentuates your natural curves and body type. Try to also choose a dress you can easily wear with stockings or opaque tights (because no one wants to be cold). The length of the dress is also important. Generally, the most flattering length is at your knee or just above – especially if you’re going to wear boots with your dress.
Turn on the sexy this winter with flattering bodycon dresses. If you love showing off your figure, no matter the season, then these cheap winter dresses are perfect for you.
- Burgundy dress, R179, Edit at Superbalist
- Off the shoulder, R259,99, Rage
- Dark green, R299, Style Republic at Superbalist
- Coral polo-neck, R219,99, Jet
- Dusty pink, R139,99, MRP
A fit & flare
Your summer staple can also be your best friend in winter! We love this style of dress because it flatters every shape and size. Go for winter’s staple colours – neutrals – or spice it up with a print, an interesting texture, or bright colours like we have. Either way, you will look amazing in any of these dresses.
- Wine coloured dress, R260, Exact
- Ochre lace up, R179,95, Ackermans
- Dusty pink, R129, MRP
- Khaki military style, R294,99, Rage
- Blue, R299, Edit at Superbalist
The jersey dress
A jersey dress is the unsung winter wardrobe hero – they’re comfortable, super warm and easy to dress up or down. Every woman should have at least one in their closet, and we promise you’ll be wearing it for at least 3 or 4 more winters.
- Black rib roll neck, R299, Factorie
- Grey knit, R219,99, Jet
- Red polo neck, R249, Edit at Superbalist
- Khaki knit, R149,95, Ackermans
- Chunky brown dress, R220, Exact
Yes, you can wear a fun-printed dress in winter! Who said we have to stick to predictable black? Cinched in at the waist with a figure-flattering belt, they’re winter’s best-kept style secret. Just add a coat, tights and a great pair of ankle boots, and you’re ready for anything.
- Snake print, R299, Utopia at Zando
- Floral, R229,99, MRP
- Blue floral, R299, Edit at Superbalist
- Faux fur sleeve insert, R269,99, The Fix
- Polka dot, R254,99, Rage
It’s a wrap
A wrap dress is a universally flattering style that every woman should own. And now, you can rock yours in the colder months too. Go for muted tones and prints for work, while showing off in bold colours and designs for off-duty style.
- Yellow polka dots, R260, Exact
- Trim detail, R299, Edit at Superbalist
- Floral, R229,99, MRP
- Multicolour, R299, Edit at Superbalist