The chillier months are upon us, but that doesn’t mean you can’t wear cheap winter dresses! We know you probably default to jeans and leggings when the temperatures drop, but our fashion editor has been searching for the best (and most affordable) winter dresses just for you.
From sexy bodycon dresses to flattering fit and flares, we have you covered.
Read more: How to stop buying clothes you never wear
Our best tip for choosing cute and cheap winter dresses is to go for something that accentuates your natural curves and body type. Try to also choose a dress you can easily wear with stockings or opaque tights (because no one wants to be cold). The length of the dress is also important. Generally, the most flattering length is at your knee or just above – especially if you’re going to wear boots with your dress.
Turn on the sexy this winter with flattering bodycon dresses. If you love showing off your figure, no matter the season, then these cheap winter dresses are perfect for you.
- Crush velvet, R299, Superbalist
- Statement sleeved, R189.99, Rage
- Mesh frill, R159.99, Jet
- Mock wrap, R249, Zando
- Purple velour, R199.99, The Fix
A fit & flare
Your summer staple can also be your best friend in winter! We love this style of dress because it flatters every shape and size. Go for winter’s staple colour – cool grey – or spice it up with a print or an interesting texture. Either way, you will look amazing in any of these dresses.
- Polka dot mock wrap, R349, Superbalist
- Frill sleeved tunic, R149.95, Ackermans
- Velour dress, R189, Legit at Zando
- Structured waist detail dress, R249.99, Rage
- Burgundy dress, R139.99, MRP
The jersey dress
A jersey dress is the unsung winter wardrobe hero – they’re comfortable, super warm and easy to dress up or down. Every woman should have at least one in their closet, and we promise you’ll be wearing it for at least 3 or 4 more winters.
- Navy polo-neck, R299, Superbalist
- Mustard cold-shoulder, R344, Quiz at Bay-One
- Pink cowl-neck, R159.95, Ackermans
- Red double frill sleeve, R344, Quiz at Bay-One
- Dark green dress, R329, H&M
Yes, you can wear a fun-printed dress in winter! Who said we have to stick to predictable black? Cinched in at the waist with a figure-flattering belt, they’re winter’s best-kept style secret. Just add a coat, tights and a great pair of ankle boots, and you’re ready for anything.
- Swing dress, R349, Superbalist
- Jacquard dress, R299, Contempo
- Floral wrap dress, R349, Zando
- Embroidered shirt dress, R274.99, Rage
- Floral shift dress, R329, H&M
Out on the town
Whether you choose an over-sized, chunky knit or a slim, body-hugging style, you’ll be turning heads for all the right reasons in these options.
- White dress, R349, Superbalist
- Fuchsia one-shoulder, R344, Quiz at Bay-One
- Silver metallic dress, R329, H&M
- Cobalt blue draped dress, R279, Zando
- Tie front detail, R229.99, MRP