You cleanse, moisturise and exfoliate religiously, drink plenty of water and spend money on good make-up products, but if you’re not getting a good night’s sleep on a decent pillow, you could be wasting your time. Satin pillowcases are all the rage right now — and once you’ve learned the beauty and health benefits, you’ll know why. Here are 5 reasons to make the switch to a satin pillowcase and wake-up looking and feeling like this:
- You’ll be glowing! Cotton fabrics tend to draw the moisture out of your skin, while a satin pillowcase actually helps balance your moisture levels, leaving you with a far more radiant complexion.
- Say goodbye to wrinkles. Not only will you wake up without those pesky sleep lines if you’re sleeping on a satin pillowcase, they actively work against the formation of those fine lines and wrinkles, and can even help reverse the signs of ageing.
- Hello heavenly hair! Yip, no more bed head and ages wasted in the morning trying to get that annoying knot out because you’ll wake up knot free. Satin pillowcases also assist in preventing hair loss and are particularly great for keeping curly hair in check — bonus!
- Breathe easily. Satin pillowcases are hypoallergenic and attract far fewer dust mites than your regular cotton pillowcase, so anyone suffering from allergies or asthma will be in for a sneeze-free sleep.
- We love feeling luxurious. Come on, admit it… you can’t deny that sleeping on a silky-smooth pillowcase will make you feel all kinds of fabulous and pampered. Who wouldn’t want to have that experience every night?
- Every Second Counts, an exclusive online gift registry, makes high quality bespoke satin pillowcases, which can even be individually monogrammed. Visit them at http://esc-satin-pillow-cases.com.