Winter is coming, and that means it’s time to go shopping for boots! And no, this doesn’t mean you have to spend your entire salary on two pairs of designer boots. You can easily find stunning boots at a fraction of the price; you just have to know where to look.
Read more: How to wear your summer clothes in winter
At Essentials, looking great and getting a bargain go hand in hand, so we went scouting for all the best places to shop for chic winter boots that just happen to be cheap boots too. We really think we found something for everyone and for every occasion – whether it’s for a night out on the town, or a day at the mall.
Some of our favourite places to find cheap boots
- Of course, we all know that Mr Price is great for budget buys. But the reason we love it so much is that the clothes and shoes are so fashion forward – if you want to try out a trend on the cheap, Mr Price is definitely the place to do it!
- Looking for more timeless pieces that are also affordable? We rate Ackermans has the best classic look.
- If you, like most of us, like to do your shopping from the comfort of your couch, then Zando is perfect for you. Don’t worry about not being able to try anything on, you can return clothes and shoes if you don’t like them.
- The Fix has fast become an easy one-stop shop when looking for budget buys and funky fashion. You won’t regret taking a peek at their website.
- A bit under the radar, Exact is a pocket-friendly store that has a fab range of wardrobe staples. We think more people should check them out!
Some of our favourite cheap, comfy and casual boots
Whether you’re on your feet all day at work or you’ve got a big weekend outing planned, sometimes comfortable shoes are a necessity. Plus, flat boots can go with almost everything in your wardrobe.
- Leopard print, R349, Utopia at Zando
- Black jelly Chelsea boots, R169.99, MRP
- Razor cut-out boots, R299, Exact
- Navy with tie-detail, R169.95, Ackermans
- Red suede boots, R289.99, Rage
- Safari boots, R299.99, Jet
Our pick of the best block heeled boots
With all those winter layers, adding some height to your outfit is always flattering. After all, there’s nothing quite like a pair of heels to make you feel like a million bucks. But don’t worry, all of these winter boots are cheap, cheap, cheap — and they’re block heels which means you can wear them all day long!
Read more: 5 stylish ways to wear a poncho
- Olive shuffle knee boots, R299, Utopia at Zando
- Navy with embroidered heels, R355, Rage
- Burgundy with two zips, R350, Exact
- Fuchsia with perspex heel, R359.99, The Fix
- Red round toe boots, R249.99, MRP
- Floral print boots, R249.95, Ackermans
For a night out, get one of these stunners
The best part about boots are that they can easily double up as chic winter heels. That means no change of outfit (or shoes) on a Friday night. Just amp up your accessories and you’re good to go. These six cheap boots are perfect for painting the town red! Fun patterns and colours, trendy silhouettes, and affordable price tags – what more could a girl ask for?
- Green with floral print, R359.99, The Fix
- Grey and metallic, R325, Rage
- Red stiletto, R219.99, MRP
- Black gusset shoots, R349, Utopia at Zando
- Pink ribbed, R239.99, MRP
- Flared block heel, R349, Utopia at Zando
Please note that these prices were correct at the time of publishing. Prices and availability of stock are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.